008 Che, me voy a Neuquén!

Yesterday I woke up early, letting out a frustrated and unenthusiastic sigh. I was going to have a test, I was tired, I wanted to sleep at least one more hour but no, I had to go and do the test no matter what.
Being somewhat addicted to Whatsapp (thanks to my friends and fellow exchange students) I picked up my phone and opened it. I saw that I had got some messages so of course I checked what it was. Someone from a strange number had send me a couple messages. I furrowed and opened the conversation, while my heart was pounding in my chest. The latest message I had got (and also the first one I read) went like this: "You are going to be in my house this year". This was my reaction in a series of gifs:











Oh yeah. My host family contacted me. And let me tell you, there's is no better way to start a day - absolutely none - no matter how you think you're going to fail the test on social studies and have tons of school projects to do. I jumped right up from my bed and may or may have not screamed a little while running around our little house.
It was the middle of the night in Argentina and I was already running late to school, so me and Camila, the exchange student coming here, didn't have that much time to chat. I did my test and wrote surprisingly much to my paper, so hopefully that went well. I had a Swedish prep lesson before I got out of school. On my way I took some pictures to Camila, so it took a lot more time for me to get back home than normally... :D

EDfrom weather-forecast.com
EDIT// I tried to add pictures of Neuquén but they didn't show up like I wanted so instead click this and you'll get plenty of more pictures of Neuquén!

Since then me and Camila have had some time to chat and ask different things and send some more pictures. My host city is Neuquén (!!!) fun fact: it's spelled same backwards if you don't take that accent mark into account, which is the capital of the Neuquén province. Camila said that Neuquén (the city) is small, but when I googled it, I found out that even though where as my home town Paimio has about 240 km² of land and about 10 500 residents, Neuquén sure is small by it's surface area (only 63 km²) but the same can not be said from it's population or population density. It has over 260 000 residents (3,600/km²), making it the biggest city of the whole Patagonia! Talk about a crowded place!
Neuquén is going to be quite the opposite of Paimio, which surface area is mostly fields. Luckily Turku is near this city, so Camila gets to see not just small towns but bigger cities in Finland too! As for my case, there will be another city called Cipolletti that's almost half the size as Turku - less than 10 km away from Neuquén! And there will be an exchange student from France who I have been talking to earlier already! I can't believe my luck!
As for school, I will be studying at A.M.E.N. Colegio Bautista, where they have the most simple school uniform: white t-shirt, black sweatpants and blue hoodie with a zipper! I don't have to think about what to wear to school, which is definitely going to make my life so much easier!

 These pictures were kindly taken by Camila!



So as you can probably see from the amount of exclamation marks I've been using, I'm pretty hyped up by all of this. So many things have been happening lately and there's no end any time soon. I got a call on Tuesday from Hesburger that I got a job there for the summer, and next Wednesday I'm going to go there to my introduction and to make a contract of employment. It's funny, because right the next day after the call I got a letter - I had got another job from the cemetery :D It was only for a month, plus I already had taken the place to Hesburger for the whole summer, that I immediately sent an e-mail to the cemetery gardener and politely declined from the job.
Still, I got a huge confidence boost that out of 151 people who applied for that job I was one of those who were chosen there - and they held no job interviews! So I guess I did something right. Still, I don't regret it at all that I declined from it. My job manager is extremely cheerful, nice and and pleasant human being and I'm looking forward to Wednesday and my summer job there :)
It seems that I'm going to arrive to Neuquén on 31st of August, meaning that I'll be leaving Finland on the previous day as the whole journey takes over 30 hours. That means I get to work a couple weeks longer and raise more money for my year. Wohoo!


Also, my cousin and aunt from Sweden are currently vising Paimio and all the relatives here. I haven't seen my cousin since last summer, so it was so nice to see him and of course my aunt too. I noticed that somehow my English had gotten better since last summer - I didn't stutter and fluster as much as back then. I'm pretty proud of myself even though I have no idea where the improvement has come from!
In 20 days there will be the second OB-briefing in Lahti for all the Finnish exchange students who are leaving in the next six months to live their dreams ♥ I'm so excited to see all my sweet hearts, to try on the Rotary jacket AND ALSO to get the flag of Finland that I ordered from the local shop there! Haha, we did a group order on those flags when we found out that they were the perfect size and the cheapest ones there is probably in the whole wide world! I'm going to take that flag with me to Argentina to pose with them in the pictures, and I'll probably buy a few small ones later that I will leave to my host families before I return to Finland :)
Ten days after the OB-briefing I will head off to Split, Croatia, to a field trip with my class. We will spend five days there in the sun (hopefully!) and visit a lot of places. I'm especially interested about the sun part... No, really, I'm waiting to see the city and surroundings and explore one more place that I haven't been before. It's going to be awesome!



That's it for this time, sorry for the amount of gifs and pictures and text I wrote, I just haven't had the time to write these things earlier! Have a happy weekend and get ready for the next week - summer is coming!
Chau!

P.S. You can find all these gifs from Tumblr with tags "enthusiastic/enthusiasm/excited gif"!

0 comments :