027 #stressed

Life has been hectic since I got back from the trip. I think I've been making way too many promises, and now it's all backfiring. I'm trying my best to enjoy my last weeks in Argentina, and I don't mean to say I'm not enjoying my life to full - because trust me, I am - but I am also stressed about a lot of things. There is so many things to do! I'm going to have this big presentation about me and Finland next week, but I think it kind of blew way out of proportion. I wanted to make it so cool and awesome that I don't even know where to start because I'm not that cool or awesome. Finland is cool (literally)(no pun intended), but I'm the worst person to show that.
Then there's my Spanish classes. They are all cool and stuff, but we've already learned all the grammar there is to learn. Yet, Two days before I leave I'll conveniently have an exam. I don't need to prepare myself for the exam, but that doesn't mean I don't have hell of a lot of homework to do.
Then there's some favors I've promised to do. A video for my host dad, mostly. Also I wanted to do the South Trip and The North Trip video, and my other Argentina videos, but they take so much time that I could use to something more important and urgent so I'll just postpone editing them yet again. A little side note over here: I haven't had my phone for a while and I also have not been carrying my camera with me. I'm kind of sad that my last months in Argentina have been the most non-recorded or captured times. It sucks.
On top of the videos and exams and presentations I will have to arrange farewell parties to so many different groups. There's my class mates, my other school friends, my pole dance group (that's taken care of), my exchange friends, some people I've promised to meet once before I leave, and then of course my host families. How the hell am I supposed to have time for each and every one of them? Even if I had one party each day, it would still take me over a week to see all of them.



Or anyone else's, for that matter...
This is a pole dance related picture. For the rest of you people out there: carry on, nothing to see here.

Didn't buy Hula Balls, but I did buy another suitcase.
And then there's the souvenirs. My god, the souvenirs. Let me tell you: I'm the worst person to buy gifts for people. I just absolutely suck at it. Don't get me wrong, I love giving gifts to people. I just hate coming up with something to give, because I never know what I want to give them before I see that thing for the first time. Not only that, but I have no idea where to put the limit - to who should I bring something?
So all of you Finns out there, my relatives and friend, please, let's go with the assumption that I'm not bringing anything to you. Don't take it personally, it has nothing to do with you. Not only do I suck at giving everyone the things they deserve, but I have no ideas in my head, no money left, and the weight limits of my luggage are kinda scaring me.

So, instead, I'll bring you the new and improved Emily Hernandez with stories and lessons to tell.

(And also pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.)

PS: I've been eating like a horse since last Sunday and I can't stop the hunger. It all makes sense now!

My editing is just brilliant.

0 comments :