013 Get out of your comfort zone!



This speaks to me in so many levels and I'm sure other exchange students feel the same. Even though I haven't even gone to Argentina I'm so proud of what I have accomplished and what I'm about to do, no matter how hard it is. I'm putting myself out there to see what comes out of it, for better or worse, and there ain't no single doubt that I'm not going to make the most of it.

So just step out of your comfort zone every once in a while, because what do you got lose? When I was still on seventh grade I was pretty shy and scared and didn't have the guts to say my own opinion when it varied from the majority. Long story short, I remember one day having finally gotten so sick and tired of trying to be a person everyone would love and nobody would hate that I just finally gave up and thought:

"Fuck it. From now on I'm just going to be me. I'm too lazy for this kind of crap."

And since that day I've no longer put up with any kind of poop or drama, and I'm not afraid to speak up my mind for something important. Yes, I know life is complicated but I sure as hell try to make it as simple as possible. I'm not perfect but neither is anyone else. I couldn't be happier or prouder to be me in this exact life right now. For five years I've been pushing myself to become a better version of me and live the life I really desire.
I think it's pretty safe to say I've done a good job. I mean, look at me! I'm going to Argentina for a year in less than two weeks. All by myself. Words can't even explain how excited I am to try out this new life, because who knows what I'll find!


0 comments :