014 I quit

Today I had my last day at my summer job. I said goodbye to some of the most wonderful people, but told them I'd be back in a year. So practically it wasn't a goodbye but a "see you later". But I am going to miss those faces I saw almost daily, since they taught me so much. I know it was just a summer job, but I did learn there to trust on my skills and be myself no matter what. A gas station taught me that - who would have thought! Nevertheless, those things are valuable to me and I'm sincerely thankful for everything I experienced at my work. Hopefully I can work there again when I come back to Finland!

As I got home from my last shift I suddenly realized that now I won't be waking up to got to work anymore. I have no exact time and exact place to be anymore, which means that I have to take a hold on myself and finally start doing things for the sake of my exchange year - seriously. Would you believe that even the simplest things such as making the pins and the presentation are still waiting to be done? I actually printed out over 30 pages of Moomin and Nothern lights, but ended up falling asleep on the floor while waiting for the printer to finish. How exhausting can printing be, I mean... Really?! And then there's the presentation. I have the coolest background for the first slide that will be like the cover for a magazine (a very poorly made magazine, if you ask me) and that's it. No headlines, no other pictures, no nothing.
Like I've said already, I am the worst kind of a procrastinator.


But even these things are not the reason why I'm writing this blog post, though they have very much to do with it. Allow me to put a (cough) few (cough) GIFs to demonstrate how my day has been emotionally:

And that's pretty my day summed up in these pictures. It's somewhat unnerving and even intimidating to realize there's no work that will take my mind away from my exchange year anymore. Now that my summer job is over I can't neglect the fact that I am leaving in just a little over a week. Week! That's crazy!

Tomorrow I hope I get at least something productive done and maybe buy something relatively useful to my exchange year. I think my goal is to buy two power plug adapters and look for small Finnish flags to take with me to Argentina. I should really buy just the things I actually and desperately need but that may end up to a "nice try".
On Sunday I will have my farewell party with my relatives and other acquintantes. Fingers crossed the weather will be good on that day so everyone can enjoy the great company outside our sauna-like home!


0 comments :